Georgia : Major Hot Spots
Related LinksHot Spots
Georgia is a land of wild geographic and cultural diversity with the image of hospitality has lots of attractions for its tourists. Its coastal lines, Savannah landmarks and other historical landmarks are the main attractions in Georgia. The capital city, Atlanta is the must visiting place for tourists as it houses many of the cultural and historical landmarks that helps to know more about this fascinating land.
As being the capital of the state, Atlanta city is the center of many financial and administrative institutions. It is located in the foothills of the southern Appalachians in the north central part of the state. It is also an important national and international business center.
- Martin Luther King Jr National Historic Site: The place exhibits the life stages and work of the father of the Civil Rights movement.It includes birthplace, grave site of Martin Luther. The Martin Luther King Jr Center for Nonviolent Social Change is also in this area which includes more information on the life and personal effects of the king.
- World of Coca Cola: It features the history and various developmental stages of the world's best soft drink, Coca Cola. It is Atlanta's most visited attraction illustrates historic advertising of Coca Cola from its origin in 1886.
- High Museum of Art: Its collection includes European and American contemporary art and first class African exhibits.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden: Is a Japanese garden and a conservatory with various other types of garden. Fuqua Orchid Conservatory displays amazing plants from different climatic zones of the world.
Savannah is located alongside the Savannah river and can be describe as a traditional and historical hub with historic mansions, cotton warehouses and colonial public buildings. It is the oldest planned city in the world and can be narrated as the “Hostess City of the South”. Savannah has a huge number of visitors each year to enjoy the mild weather and experience the old world charm.
- Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum: It features ship models, paintings and maritime antiques from the 18th and 19th century.
- Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace: An upper middle class victorian home dates back from 18th century.It was the childhood home of the founder of Girls Scouts of USA.
- Savannah History Museum: The perfect destination to start a visit to Savannah's historic district.The past of the city is displayed by films and has a replica of Forrest Gump's park Bench.
Macon is a city with pleasant weather and some interesting tourist sights. It is located on the Ocmulgee river and named after soldier and legislator Nathaniel Macon.
- Ocmulgee National Monument: The monument is an archaeological site with Indian burial mounds, artifacts and an ancient earth lodge.
- Callaway Gardens: The garden is 14000 acres of landscape where attractions including butterfly center,horticulture center, vegetable garden and beaches.